ExED (www.exed.org) is a nonprofit organization that fosters the development and management of high performing charter schools. We believe that every child should have access to high-quality public education, especially children in educationally underserved communities. ExED is the only nonprofit service provider in Southern California and operates offices in Los Angeles and San Diego. ExED works with more than 100 charter schools serving more than 44,000 students.
ExED provides a range of services that support both new and existing charter schools, including facility financing services; CFO services such as accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, payroll processing, and public funding compliance; and compliance and data management services. The services help our clients operate efficiently, build financial plans to meet short-term and long-term objectives, and secure affordable facilities all of which enable school leaders to spend more time working to improve student achievement at their school.
The Operations Manager is based in ExEDs Los Angeles home office which is comprised of over 70 team-members who work with charter schools to ensure their success. This position offers a detailed-oriented, highly organized professional the opportunity to apply process improvement expertise in a unique wayby helping charter schools and ExED staff efficiently and effectively execute processes. The Operations Manager will report to ExEDs EVP of Administration and will collaborate with ExEDs IT Team and staff, as well as client staff members to implement process improvements and to address issues with existing systems.
* Lead system implementation projects to select new cloud-based systems that lead to more efficient processes, improved security, or improved access to information to support informed decision-making, including:
* Assess user needs to identify process improvement opportunities.
* Complete vendor selection process to select the optimal system.
* Lead process to configure, test, and implement a new system.
* Engage process leads in the implementation process to ensure the solution meets their needs and to support the change management process.
* Train users on the new solution, including: develop training materials, select mode of training, schedule training, and deliver training individually or in partnership with the process lead.
* Refine solution based on post-implementation user feedback.
* Lead application support for cloud-based systems used by ExED and client staff, including:
* Develop an understanding for functional use of the select system to be able to address user issues and to assist users in using the application effectively.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors customer support team to address ExED-wide issues.
* Partner with ExED IT department to address technical issues.
* Manage the process to set up systems for the upcoming fiscal year and to set up new clients on ExED systems.
* Manage vendor catalogs in ExEDs procurement system, implement new vendor catalogs, and analyze spend data to optimize vendor price discounts.
* Lead process to manage client users on ExEDs cloud-based systems, including:
* Assign new client users permission and role access to ExEDs systems, change user access, and remove user access.
* Lead project management efforts related to system implementation, application support issue resolution, and user management, including:
* Maintain a master list of projects to facilitate project prioritization and to provide visibility to project issues and project status.
* Other duties may include completing benchmark data analysis (salary and school finance), assisting with ExEDs marketing efforts, and other duties to be defined.
Education and Experience
* Masters degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, public policy, operations, project management, or related field preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement and lead change management activities.
* Demonstrated experience in leading training.
* Patience with people who are not well versed in technical systems, and a sense of humor.
* Interest and commitment to ExEDs mission of advancing access to high-quality public schools for students from underserved communities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional customer service.
Compensation and Benefits
* Compensation is commensurate with experience, please be sure to submit your salary expectations.
* Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and a 403(b) retirement package. We also offer a generous vacation, sick, and holiday allocation.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations via our online application system at