Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Program Control Analyst to provide leadership to our Program Finance team in our Dulles, VA offices.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Program Control Analyst is responsible for supporting multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure successful completion of highly complex, multi-year advanced technology flight hardware and software projects to their committed delivery dates within budgeted cost. Provide a primary interface between Program Business Operations and Program Management, including the Customer Program Office. Employ EIA-748 compliant EVMS practices to direct the establishment and maintenance of cost and schedule baselines and forecasts that meet the program and company requirements and are integrated with the program SOW, and other program planning documents.
* Support the development, implementation and execution of the program business rhythm through training, coordination and facilitation of CAMs, Finance and Program Planning personnel.
* Support the execution of an EIA-748 compliant earned value management system to include organizing the work, developing cost and schedule baselines, updating forecasts, performing monthly analysis, and managing scope change control.
* Support integrated program reporting and variance analysis for explaining and interpreting impact of results against program baseline plans/forecast and facilitate the tracking and implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
* Present program EVMS status to project management as well as internal management financial performance reviews.
* Lead the IPTs and CAMs in preparing for and participating in Integrated Baseline Reviews and follow-up surveillance and audits.
* Support proposal efforts and other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience or 4 years and Masters
* Experience supporting deployment and execution of EIA-748 compliant program management techniques including EVMS, baseline planning and scheduling, forecasting and estimating, and cost/schedule integration techniques, including subcontractor integration.
* Experience supporting the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules, analysis of schedule critical and driving paths, program management reports, identification of inconsistencies, risk management, evaluation of program impacts, and implementation of corrective action plans.
* Candidate must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with history of interfacing effectively with all levels of management as well as both internal and external customers. Must have excellent time management and organizational skills, with the initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness to support fast-changing program requirements.
* Experience with industry standard accounting, project scheduling and cost management software tools such as Cobra, Open Plan, MS Project, Acumen, Costpoint, and/or Cognos.
* Experience supporting Integrated Baseline Review training, preparation and conduct.
* Experience supporting program surveillance reviews and oversight.
* Experience supporting data analysis and integration for major subcontractors with compliant earned value systems requirements and Integrated Program Management Report deliverables.
* Support of proposal and change activity with subsequent integration into the PMB.
* Support to development and maintenance of process documentation.
* Working knowledge of EIA-748, the PARCA EVMS Interpretation Guide and the Integrated Program Management Report Data Item, and familiarity with the DCMA data-driven surveillance initiative.
* Program Management and/or Earned Value Management Certification preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.