First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
As part of the Information Services team, the Wealth Management Technology Team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric wealth technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action oriented individuals to help drive the implementation of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
This position reports to the Manager, Data Management for Wealth Management Technology and supports the development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she must be a highly motivated and quality driven. The Data Analyst works with subject matter experts from the project team to determine data requirements for PWM Data Warehouse systems, develop these requirements into functional specifications and detailed data flow design documents, and participates in the full development process life-cycle from concept, through testing, to implementation. This includes identifying necessary data, reconciling with the new application and the legacy data sources and ensuring a successful implementation of PWM Data Warehouse capability. This will include communicating business term definition, establishing data quality rules, writing and execute data quality checks, researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process and workflow knowledge and user acceptance testing. Any experience in Domain models and Canonical models is preferred.
What you'll do as a Data Analyst:
* Collaborate with Project Manager, business partners and teammates to jointly identify data needs required to meet project objectives
* Document and organize data flows to enable successful implementation of useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our customers. Create detailed documentation (Design specification, Data mapping and sequence diagrams)
* Interact hands-on with teams and business users to identify opportunities for enhancements and document business requirements.
* Reconcile source data with data at vendor to support transition to PWM Data Warehouse.
* Support the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
* Partner with leaders and peers in cross bank divisions to coordinate data governance and develop best practices
* Serve as a subject matter expert in the business problems you solve.
* Reconcile source data with data at vendor to support transition to PWM Data Warehouse and to the First Republic Bank Data Warehouse
* Anticipate business needs and respond with alternative solutions with priorities change.
* Communicate results and insights with project teams and stakeholders (e.g., through live presentations and ongoing analysis/reports)
What skills you will use:
Experience and Education:
* BA or BS in Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering required
* 5+ years of relevant experience in data analysis and/or data management
* 3+ years of relevant work experience with background in wealth management and/or client reporting/portal
* Experience working with Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
* Experience working with Financial data systems preferred
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business
* Expert in writing SQL
* Excellent attention to detail and experience debugging code
* Experience with Canonical Data Models
* Knowledge of Private Wealth Management/Investment Management - with ability to interpret definitions and calculations from business language to developer logic
* Knowledgeable of complex data models and software integration/delivery
* Focus on development/ improvement of data to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
* Strong orientation to clients, including demonstrated ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to drive data enhancements
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
* Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
* Experience with developing user stories, data flows and data analysis.
* Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings
* Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done
* Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
* Wealth Management/Investment Management data experience - Preferred
* SQL - Required
* Excel - Required
* Salesforce platform and data model principles - Preferred
* TFS/JIRA or other issue tracking application - Required
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.