Systems administrator that have a passion for scripting and coding to automate and improve configuration management and consistency eliminating errors while reducing the build time for new system deployments. Configuration management for Private cloud and hybrid cloud datacenters.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in systems administration of both Linux and MS-Windows server. In a VMware virtual environment. Experience with vRealize automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestration (vRO) preferred to achieve automated complex consistent server builds.
* System administration
* scripting in power shell, bash, ksh, perl and python
* VMware vRealize Automation
* VMware vRealize Orchestration tools
* Puppet or Chef
* Experience with Process re-engineering, and standardization and automation techniques
* Configuration management experience
* Collaboration, Shares best practice & lessons learned based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
* Identifies and recommends technologies appropriate for further study and Proof of Concept projects improving automation
Education and Certifications:
* * Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in IT to systems administration and scripting * * Current technical certifications preferred (CISSP, , Red Hat, VMware, , Microsoft, etc.) * * Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, information systems or related discipline or demonstrated 5+ years work experience. *
* * Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills * * Exceptional personal time management, planning and organizational skills * * Demonstrable scripting skills in Perl, Puppet, Unix Shell script, etc. *
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.