Primary Location: [[filter2]]
Additional Locations: (n/a)
Requisition ID: 437989
About the role:
The Privacy Analyst supports the Global Regulatory & Privacy Legal practice through preparation and review of privacy documents across a global organization. Works with local and international business partners at varying leadership levels to facilitate privacy and data protection compliance. Seeks ways to improve processes and help the department function more efficiently and effectively. Manages privacy incident review and response by the Privacy group and coordinates responses to individuals exercising their data rights.
Your responsibilities include:
* Serve as first point of contact for internal business unit employees in relation to escalations of Business Associate Agreements, privacy impact assessments and related legal queries.
* Manage privacy incident response in collaboration with Global Compliance and Global Security.
* Coordinate review and input from appropriate business unit employees as needed to complete Privacy documents.
* Facilitate the on-boarding of business partners and ensure BSC privacy guidelines are communicated and understood. Work in conjunction with Legal counsel to ensure Privacy activity and administration is in accordance with BSC policies, legal requirements and third party specifications.
* Manage Global Privacy Governance Board meetings and associated activities.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures to maintain compliance with BSC policies and privacy/data protection laws, regulations and guidelines.
* Implement and facilitate appropriate HIPAA compliance procedures and training.
* Lead and support Legal counsel in implementing BSC global privacy projects.
* Research privacy and data protection legal issues.
* Manage process for handling requests from individuals exercising their data rights.
* Update data protection database, GDPR registry system, as required.
* Manage Global Privacy mailbox and organize communications across divisions and functions..
* Facilitate the continuous improvement of training policies and standard operating procedures for the protection of personally identifiable information,
* Monitor and update internal functions on data protection and privacy legal regulatory requirements that may affect them.
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree
* 3+ years of experience in Privacy and Project management/administration
* Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, multiple geographies, internal subject matter experts, legal staff, vendors, and clients
* Ability to prioritize and complete daily workload and projects with minimal supervision and in accordance with deadlines and shifting priorities
* Ability to communicate and manage personal project timelines and responsibilities
* Strong organizational and administrative skills
* Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office and Adobe software)
* Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and present it in a meaningful and concise way
* Certification in privacy and data protection (e.g. CIPP, CIPM, CHPC)
* Interest in and fundamental understanding of Privacy law, including HIPAA and other applicable U.S. privacy laws (federal and state), preferred; familiarity with global privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) desirable.
* Ability to prioritize, adapt and work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic global work environment under limited supervision
* Contribute to various internal operations projects (i.e., form templates, policies, training, governance).
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: [[filter2]]||(n/a)||Legal & Compliance||[[mfield2]]
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices.