Job Directory Verizon Prinicipal Software Engineer - AWS and Cloud Technologies

Prinicipal Software Engineer - AWS and Cloud Technologies Verizon
Irving, TX

Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.

Companies like Verizon
are looking for tech talent like you.

On Hired, employers apply to you with up-front salaries.
Sign up to start matching for free.

About Verizon

Job Description

What you'll be doing...


* Expected to participate in all the phases of product development cycle - product definition, architecture, design, scoping, planning, implementation and test.
* Interact with external teams and vendors in getting issues resolved anddeliver always on time with high quality and keep the system available 99.9%.
* Quickly prototype to validate architecture, design concepts and provide example implementation.
* Needs to work independently with no oversight and provide mentorship to the junior members and offshore teams.
* You will be working very closely with a cross functional team of product managers and functional managers to translate system requirements and functional requirements to working code.
* Participating in agile software development, prototyping and code reviews with a small team of engineers.
* Spending about 75% of the time in development of complex algorithms and code, and the other 25% getting feedback from customers, deciding which features to build and how, unit testing, and sharing your great work.
* Participating in architectural decisions and infrastructure deployment of cloud-based resources.
* Unit and performance testing software under load to ensure reliability and scalability.
* Troubleshooting and solving complex problems.

What we're looking for...

You'll need to have:

* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of experience as devops engineer in enterprise cloud.
* Willingness to travel.

Even better if you have:

* A masters degree.
* Knowledge of Linux systems.
* Experience with container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. DCOS, Kubernetes).
* Broad architectural awareness of customer applications with ability to triage issues in an end-to-end manner aware of how web, application and caching tiers impact database performance and availability.
* Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven or Gradle).
* Experience automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using Ansible, Cloud Formation or OpsWorks.
* Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
* Knowledge in middleware & System Engineering Linux, Networking , Tomcat , APACHE, MQ
* Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
* Work closely with the development teams to provide high quality, highly available, and dynamic solutions.
* Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Layer 3 and Layer 7 load balancing, etc.)
* Excellent and creative problem solver.
* Strong scripting experience in one of the following; Python (preferred), PowerShell, Bash
* Experience in Agile methodologies and practices.
* Experience with any of the open sourceRedis, Memcache, MongoDB, RabbitMQ,Hadoop, Cassandra or MySQL.

When you join Verizon...

You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.

Equal Employment Opportunity

We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.

About Verizon

Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.

10001 employees

1 verizon way

Let your dream job find you.

Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.