Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) Engineer
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) Department within the Space and Airborne Systems Business Segment is involved in a wide variety of Systems IV&V activities for Raytheon's Protected Satellite Communication Systems. The SEIT IV&V activities include all aspects of system integration and test in both laboratory and challenging environmental conditions including, but not limited to, temperature, vibration, salt/fog, lightning, humidity and reliability growth testing. The SEIT IV&V organization also supports system architecture development, CONOPS development, system trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down to hardware/software configuration items; all of which lead to the final system integration, verification and validation. The department sections support a variety of communication system programs including Satellite Communication (SATCOM), line-of-sight (LOS) / beyond line-of-sight (BLOS) and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking experienced Systems IV&V engineers to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. Ideal candidates would have technical experience with System Level IV&V of AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and/or airborne platforms.
* Minimum of 8 years of systems integration and verification experience
* Must have a background and competency in requirements development, analysis, derivations, verification and validation
* Must have experience with communication architectures
* Must be able to work within a structured Systems Engineering process environment including a task-oriented, value-based management system
* Must have previous experience leading a team of six (6) or more staff through system design and/or system test activities.
* Must be able to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams of program management and system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
* Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to effectively communicate with IPT leaders, hardware and software development engineers, specialty engineers, program managers, and our customers.
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the successful candidate to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within one (1) year of start date.
* Technical experience with System Level Integration, Verification and Validation on SATCOM (AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band), LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms
* Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
* Direct experience with and/or working knowledge of environmental test requirements pertaining to Military Standards including; MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-67, MIL-STD-1399, MIL - STD - 1540, MIL - STD - 461
* Direct experience with and/or working knowledge of Environmental Tests including requirements analysis, procedure development, test conduct and evaluation of results. Experience in some or all of the following are highly desirable: EMI/EMC, shock, vibration, altitude, temperature, sand/dust, humidity, explosive atmosphere, crash safety, and reliability growth testing.
* Satellite Communication systems definition, design, and development experience and/or experience with defining and evolving communication architectures
* Proposal support experience including writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
* Direct experience with and/or working knowledge of field support activities
* Agile/Scrum program experience
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Sciences
Master's Degree in Engineering or Sciences
135305 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.