Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of the advanced electrical scanned radar (APG-79 AESA) sensor system for the U.S. Navy's F/A-18 Aircraft. This AESA Systems provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Tactical Radar Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities and this key contributor will interface with the Lead System engineer and mode developers on the APG-79 systems during development and sell off.
Primary job functions will involve developing the requirements for each mode, generating an algorithm description document, translating those requirements to the software development team, leading the software development of the modes and implementation of the mode architecture. Performs up front requirements analysis to ensure the hardware and software are capable of transmitting, receiving, and processing the mode waveforms according to a strict radar timeline. Leads a diverse team of systems and software engineers and is responsible for day to day execution, mode implementation, and mode performance.
The Mode Lead will be assigned to a major AESA development program. The ideal candidate will be a systems engineer with experience in the development and delivery of Radar Systems and technologies. The engineer will be responsible for developing the mode architecture and algorithms. They will be responsible for day to day execution of the mode team and also mode implementation and performance. They will develop mode requirements, document in DOORS, flow to the other teams, and track progress against performance, testing, and verification.
* Must have experience in a radar software development environment
* 8 + years of Engineering experience with a BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline
* Experience in design and development of radar modes for AESA programs
* Experience in preparing and executing mode development and implementation activities
* Understand the software build process
* Active Secret Clearance plus ability to obtain SAP/SAR clearances
* Experience with developing radar analysis tools and performing analysis
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Mission & CONOPS analysis, system architecture & processing
* Radar Signal Processing algorithm design, Radar Mode Software Implementation, Radar Performance Analysis
* Experience as a Technical Lead on a previous program
* Data Reduction and Data Analysis
* System level architecture & modeling experience
* Experience with technique effectiveness testing with real/simulated threats and flight testing.
* Working knowledge with airborne threat signals of interests
* Experience performing system analysis of complex data processing systems & proven performance analysis skills, fault isolation investigation skills in characterizing, monitoring & tuning data processing systems
* Six Sigma practical knowledge and / or project experience desired (formal Six Sigma training or certification preferred).
Required Education (Including Major): Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in engineering, math, or science. A Masters degree is preferred 139790BR 139790 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.