Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? A team relentlessly focused on customer needs, market expansion and advancing Microsoft Cloud first strategy? Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about Cloud Computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? Then look no further than the Azure Global Team!
We are hiring an exceptional program manager to drive DC infrastructure planning efforts supporting hyper-scale Azure and Other Cloud businesses globally through explosive and unprecedented growth and the challenges and opportunities that come with it.
To succeed in this role, you must be motivated by solving hard problems, enjoy data driven decision making, be detail oriented and understand big picture at the same time, navigate well through sometimes ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, proactively manage expectations, able to operate with minimum supervision.
* MS/PhD in statistics, economics, engineering, computer science, operations research or a similar technical or analytical field, or an MBA.
* 3+ years' experience in Data Science, Economist and/or Forecasting roles
* Knowledge and understanding of fundamental probability and statistics
* Strong Excel and SQL skills (Power Queries / PowerPivot / PowerBI / DAX is a plus)
* Supply chain experience is desired but not required
* Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drive availability zones capacity planning efforts, modeling and alignment with key stakeholders;
* Forecast modeling for various online services (including exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights to aid in developing new forecasting models and improve existing models);
* Be integral part of monthly LRP production cycle, support automation efforts and find innovative ways to streamline existing processes;
* Participate in various optimization initiatives
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.