To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality. High quality intelligence about our assets, whether physical or logical, is the foundation of nearly all operational data insights work, it is also key in responding to security incidents, maintaining compliance, reducing risk across the fleet operation, and delivering capacity. The Fleet Detect and Discovery team plays a critical role by publishing an authoritative source of data about all network connected assets within Microsoft data centers.
The team's mission to validate the known state of network, discover missing data and classify unknown assets is instrumental to Microsoft's ability to execute on our very ambitious vision for the largest Cloud infrastructure on the planet.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Principal Program Manager with experience in prioritizing and leading complex programs across multiple organizations, based on strategic intent and change-management considerations. As a Principle Program Manager on the Detect and Discovery team, you will help team through researching, architecting, and designing the system that will increase coverage of known devices and improve the classification of assets. You will partner with teams from across Microsoft to onboard them, and together build an ecosystem around the authoritative data that represents Microsoft's Cloud Services. Your leadership will be critical in ensuring that our system grows with engineering rigor and scalable design. You will define best practices and collaborate closely with others across the organization. You will collaborate closely with partner teams and determine how the system must grow to meet Microsoft's needs. This is an opportunity to make an impact on Microsoft's Cloud Services future. Our ideal candidate has a voracious appetite for learning and collaboration with a mindset for making the impossible possible.
* 7+ years of experience as a Program Manager.
* BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree or Engineering
* Experience with Enterprise-scale datacenter infrastructure (Servers, racks, network topology)
* Proven record of building technical and business relationships with senior stakeholders.
* Agile development methodology - Track record of working closely with development teams.
* Exceptional decision-making and prioritization skills, conflict resolution, community building, and follow through.
* Strong communication and presentation skills, and ability to speak with influence and impact. Able to communicate complex technical information clearly to people with or without a technical background.
* Track record of v-team accomplishments (cross boundary collaboration and interpersonal awareness)
* Machine Learning expertise would be plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our Principal Program Manager possess leadership skills, process expertise, and technical aptitude. They have hands-on project management experience and enjoy deeply understanding customer requirements, writing technical specs, creating roadmaps, and tracking progress, with easy to consume KPIs and metrics, against the project schedule throughout the entire product lifecycle. They orchestrate plan completion across disciplines and stakeholders, and negotiates trade-offs. Lead by example the documentation and delivers best practices for use across Areas. Utilize metrics and data to anticipate and educate others on customer needs.
They are excited about sharing their knowledge with others and collaborating across all of Microsoft. This role will deliver solutions to support multiple dependent organizations and business processes within the cloud business. As part of the team that advances the operational abilities of the cloud through engineering, your responsibilities include:
* Leverage a structured methodology and project management approach
* Design pioneering processes, software, and programs within Azure Cloud that have measurable impact
* Develop collaborative partnerships across multiple disciplines including engineering
* Drive the implementation and delivery of processes, software, and programs
* Effectively measure and communicate progress and risks throughout the project lifecycle
* Influence the adoption of change
* Use scenario focused design & development methodologies to define requirements
* Continually use data to derive insights to measure and improve services and programs
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.