At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
This position is part of the Global Technology Services team reporting to the Manager of Network Engineering. As a Principal Network Engineer, you will work within the Network Engineering team and be responsible for the development, implementation and operational support of a reliable, secure and scalable global network supporting Nuance's clients. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in supporting a complex global data and voice network. The ability to maintain high availability of all networking components is critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate must be creative, energetic and able to work independently as part of a geographically dispersed team.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Maintain a highly secure network infrastructure in compliance with industry best practices and company standards
* Work with Project Managers and other teams to ensure timely completion of all assigned projects
* Sustain necessary bandwidth by monitoring and continuously re-evaluating all networking components
* Maintain a plan to replace all network components as they go end of life in accordance with company requirements
* Configure all networking components as required, including but not limited to Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, and IDS/IPS
* Troubleshoot and discover root cause of issues with all networking components including but not limited to Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, and IDS/IPS
* Develop and maintain accurate documentation/diagrams of all network configurations and layouts
* Assist other teams in troubleshooting issues when networking expertise is requested
* Take part in oncall rotation
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications -
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum years of work experience: 8
* Must be proficient in verbal and written English communications
* Excellent time management skills, must be capable of multi-tasking in a high workload environment
* Complete knowledge and understanding of the OSI model
* Knowledge and understanding of PCI and maintaining a PCI compliant network infrastructure
* Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with the following technologies: routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection services, load balancers
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge and understanding of MACSec
Preferred skills: Knowledge of the following concepts/technologies: SIP, SBC, Solarwinds monitoring tools, Netbox, Network Access Control, Azure
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.