Charter Communications is America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We're committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter's business strategy and it's the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Principal Wireless Engineer 1 Test Automation Lead role is an on-site position that supports Charter Communications Wireless Technology's Unified Test Automation Platform (UTAP), a scalable platform, framework, and "Hub", for scheduling, executing, and reporting on automated firmware testing.
The Test Automation Lead organizes the team to implement the high level vision for automated testing of the Spectrum Connectivity Platform. He or she will leverage the Agile Development Methodology to lead UTAP software development sprints. The individual in this role will lead morning Scrum and Sprint Planning. The Test Automation Lead will mentor the development staff in Minimalistic Software Engineering Principals and Best Practices, Priority of Test Coverage, etc.
* Leading test automation software development efforts end-to-end, from design to implementation and testing.
* Ensuring the continuity of a minimalistic software engineering and design philosophy.
* Creating architecture design artifacts (Software Requirements Specifications, Use Cases, Software Design Documents, high-level architecture drawings, concept of operations diagrams, etc.).
* Communicating requirements and design to development team.
* Validating and Verifying the fulfillment of requirements.
* Full Time Employee Role
Education & Experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science (MUST BE COMPUTER SCIENCE)
* M.S. in Computer Science or related field
* 10+ years of practical field experience as a software engineer
* Demonstrated gradual career growth on resume with no job hopping
* Proven experience as both a developer and as a software architect
* Hands-On: Not afraid to get your hands dirty and dig into the code
* Solid back-end development experience in C/C++ (important for working with and understanding router hardware abstraction layer)
* Solid experience with at least one scripting language such as Python or Perl
* Some experience with VueJS, ReactJS, or AngularJS is helpful but not required
* Some experience with RxJS is helpful but not required
* Some experience with mobile app development (Android, iOS) a plus
* Excellent knowledge of common software architecture and design patterns
* Excellent knowledge of UML
* Excellent knowledge of both SQL (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) database technologies
* Experience working with CASE tools such as: JIRA and BitBucket
* Understands and applies the Scientific Method
* Familiar with all facets of the Software Development Lifecycle
* Experienced in Agile/Scrum software development methodology
* Understands proper engineering process
* Passion for Computer Science, Software Development/Engineering (non-negotiable)
* Positive Attitude (non-negotiable)
* Attention to Detail
* Advanced Proficiency in English
* Good writing and communication skills
* Light travel between the Charter Communications facilities within the Denver Metro area.