Search for more jobs
Principal Web Application Developer
* Job: 21331-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
The Licensing Applications team is seeking a Principal Web Application Developer to architect and deliver Licensing applications and web services. In this role, you will be working with a team focused on the evolution of our licensing applications and web services. We support strategic business applications and web services that are used worldwide by MathWorks staff and integrated across the enterprise, website, and customer-facing products and services. We value skill, dedication, good humor, and a being part of a close knit team.
* Documenting the current and future architecture of the Licensing domain
* Full-stack solution design and development (database, APIs, services, front-end)
* Collaboration with the agile team members, including: QE, Usability specialists, business analysts, application users, and adjacent development teams
* Ensuring applications and services are designed to meet non-functional requirements
* Mentoring junior developers
* Reviewing solution designs with peers across the department
* Collaborating with outside teams to deliver cross-functional solutions
* Influencing the development community in our department to evolve standards and tooling
* A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
* Mastery of Java
* Expertise with Spring
* Experience with technical leadership
* Interested in influencing without authority
Demonstrated ability to lead others in the creation of enterprise solutions using technologies such as:
* Core Java
* Spring (MVC, Boot, Data, Integration)
* SQL and database design (MS SQLServer)
* REST services
* Search technologies (Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch)
* messaging based integrations (RabbitMQ)
Familiar with continuous integration and deployment concepts
Experience in application performance tuning
Non-technical abilities must include:
* Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor others re: application design and best practices
* Strong influencing and negotiation skills
* Experience with Agile development processes (SCRUM)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.