Principal Virtualization Engineer
Req #: 216775
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
The Principal Virtualization Engineer is responsible for advanced technical support of Windows server systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, email and unified communications, security access controls, data networking, backup/DR, etc. This critical role is accountable, along with the other team members, for delivery of services that meet all technical requirements for clients in a timely fashion. The Senior Virtualization Engineer also requires personal and administrative skills, such as initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, project assessment, scoping, estimation, time allocation/tracking, documentation, communication, and testing and solution deployment.
What You'll Get To Do:
* Provides advanced technical support for each client's server-based systems and environment as a whole
* Provides advanced technical support for each client's collaborative technology, including email and unified communication systems
* Provides advanced technical support for each client's virtualization and shared storage environments
* Provides advanced technical support for each client's data network, including configuration, performance and security
* Works with the Technical Services team to monitor and respond to events to ensure client system uptime and stability
* Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
* Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
* Advanced knowledge of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Directory
* Advanced knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
* Advanced knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies and methods
* Advanced understanding of Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
* Advanced understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
* Advanced understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
* Strong understanding of Windows and network security best practices and strategies
* Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and assigned tasks
* Advanced level diagnostic method and skills in a variety of environments
* Advanced project management skills; task-focused and results-oriented delivery
* Effective both independently and as a member of a team
* Customer service and performance driven
* Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
* Effective verbal and written communication
* At least 10 years of experience in Information Technology infrastructure support.
* At least 8 years of experience supporting highly Virtualized environments
* At least 5 years of experience supporting moderate to large-scale server environments (700+ nodes)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent training preferred.
* Relevant Certifications:
* Security+ (8570/8140 compliance required)
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.