Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal UX/UI Designer
YOU ARE READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT
As a member of Oracle's Financial Services Product Development organization, you'll work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and deliver leading edge SaaS solutions for the global marketplace. You'll be working on our next generation cloud-native platform currently under development.
Our Development approach is based on a DevOps-centric mindset, combining software development with operations expertise to shorten the development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently, in close alignment with business objectives.
We employ Agile methodologies, lean development practices, design thinking and we encourage and foster an open, collaborative workplace.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
As a Principal UX/UI Designer, you will put the polish on our mobile, tablet, web and IoT interfaces, deliver excellent joy-of-use and help us build deep emotional connections with our global customers. You will have knowledge of current digital design trends as well as design fundamentals. You are passionate, creative and yet pragmatic; you can leverage our existing design patterns, work with other designers to define new patterns where needed, and can work with our domain owners and customers to translate business problems into strong interactive solutions.
Self-Starter. You are motivated and ambitious and you pursue your work without the help or prompting of others.
Problem Solver. You focus on problem solving and your can-do attitude accelerates our work and brings our solutions alive.
Efficient. You perform your work in a well-organized and competent way with minimum wasted effort or expense.
Aligned. You are aligned to the goals and objectives of the organization, the organization's development agenda and the management team's priorities, doing your part in a flexible and proactive way to achieve the overall mission.
YOU ARE SKILLED
To land this job you will show and explain raw artifacts from various stages of the design process that illustrate your proficiency:
Craftsmanship. You are fluent in design techniques, principles and tools like InVision and Sketch
Aesthetic Sense. You translate brand trends into powerful & distinct visual language.
Visual Design. You create great logos, illustrations, icons, and can visualize data.
Decisive. You make design and UX decisions around data and best practices, and can support and defend your design choices
Motion Design & Hi-Fi Prototyping. You build meaningful animations/transitions and testable prototypes.
YOU ARE OFFERED
Engagement. Access to a highly diverse, experienced team of leaders and peers with an international presence you will directly engage with.
Culture. We value trust, empowerment, and feedback for building a positive, inspiring workplace. We foster knowledge sharing and collaboration. We celebrate our successes and we learn from our failures in an effort to continuously improve and become better at what we do.
Development. We believe in a purpose-driven approach to motivating and developing people by incorporating training, goal setting, career development and feedback on a continuous basis.
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area7 years digital design in the bank, Fintech or Cloud software development
* Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery in a digital cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, tablet devices and emerging channels
* Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to design and prototype elegant UI solutions to user problems
* Exceptional design skills with a high attention to detail
* Strong knowledge of latest UI best practices
* Experience with using and creating user interface design patterns
* Experience working in an agile environment delivering software to production working with front-end development teams
* Deep understanding of usability and accessibility standards
* 3 years experience with HTML5, CSS3, Java Script and responsive design and development
* Broad understanding of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability
* A strong sense of time management, deadlines, and the ability to adapt diverse challenges and competing priorities
* Exceptional collaboration, presentation and communication skills
* Bring out the best in others by exemplifying an enthusiastic and flexible working style and showing a willingness to work as part of a team
* A strong design portfolio
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.