The People Experience Design & Research team is reinventing the Amazonian experience. We help create products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon-from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure, to new junior talent looking to make their mark on the world, to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon's Fulfillment Center network. Our customers are every single Amazon employee, plus those looking to join us-including you!
We are seeking a creative thought leader to define, design and deliver new experiences for our corporate and associate workforce throughout their employee journey. From hire to alumni and re-hire, you will champion a diverse set of customer behaviors, global needs, and individual preferences to make Amazon the go-to destination to balance life and career goals.
As a Principal UX Designer, you will look around corners to define, design and deliver the high-level experience strategy and North Star for the Amazon employee experience. In this role, you will be on point to drive strategic employee initiatives from definition to launch. This includes working on initial ideation of the aspirational experience, getting buy-in, translating the vision into actionable and discrete roadmap items, and perfecting designs that achieve best-in-class CX. To accomplish this, you will be responsible for developing and socializing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization - working closely with our partners in research, design and product management across Amazon to help shape the next generation of the Amazon employee experience.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, yet pragmatic design leader that can analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create innovative customer experiences in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You should be passionate about working strategically with executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver big, visionary and customer-focused experiences.
* Defining and developing the vision for innovative new solutions, solving some of our toughest cross-functional design problems. Delivering by follow through with process and tactics for developing, communicating, and implementing vision.
* Proactively leading new creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices; driving the direction, style, and methodology of design and accessibility.
* Championing cohesion in design that unites a growing family of programs and features, while continuing to deliver and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
* Leading cross-team conceptual development; being a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology.
* Model excellence in design, while growing and developing fellow designers.
You would be perfect for this role if:
* You have an inherent knack for simplification and consider it your calling.
* You move fast and design groundbreaking experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
* You are a principled design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey.
* You are an empathic and opportunistic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.