Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
We are looking for a strategic thinker with hands on design experience who welcomes challenges and thrives in a collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to participate in both the research and design of products, utilizing strong visual and communication skills. You will be responsible for determining the design direction for a variety of mobile and desktop applications.
Our products are far reaching, affecting entire transportation systems for cities across the globe. Your work will make a difference as we create products that enhance users' lives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Translate product requirements into intuitive user experiences.
* Effectively communicate design decisions through wireframes, user flows, and interactive prototypes.
* Work with UX Researcher to understand user needs. Use findings to inform and validate designs decisions.
* Collaborate with product managers, UI designers, and engineers from discovery through implementation.
* Act as main point of contact to communicate project progress between teams and stakeholders.
* Offer feedback to management on ways to improve workflows and processes and help enforce these with the team.
* Available to mentor and teach all levels of Design staff in area of specialization/mastery.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Degree in Visual Communication, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or related. Minimum six years of experience in UX design. Strong portfolio that includes design samples that effectively communicates your process, including project insights and solutions. Experience designing mobile and desktop experiences. Experience leading a team through software life cycle. Eye for visual design excellence and commitment to user-centered design principles. Strong communication skills and ability to sell your UX vision to multiple groups. Self-starter and self-driven; have a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail. Familiarity with the Adobe Cloud software suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision or similar. Potential travel required
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation provides various integrated solutions worldwide.