The Retail Experience Design team defines the shopping journey for Amazon customers, including the Amazon homepage, detail pages, cart & checkout, and identity services. We define and maintain Amazon's human interface guidelines and UX design language. Our goal is to design the world's most loved shopping experience.
In this role, you will help to conceptualize, define, and design both the high-level strategy and detailed design system for the retail customer journey. Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our customers to discover and buy products in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To accomplish this, you will be responsible for developing and socializing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization - working closely with partners in research, development, and product management across Amazon to help shape the next generation of Amazon retail.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, yet pragmatic design leader that can analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create innovative customer experiences in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You should be passionate about working strategically with executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver big, visionary and customer-focused experiences.
* Defining and developing the vision for innovative new solutions, solving some of our toughest shopping challenges.
* Leading new creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices; driving the direction, style, and methodology of design and accessibility.
* Championing cohesion in design that unites a growing family of programs and features, while continuing to deliver and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
* Leading cross-team conceptual development; being a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology.
* Model excellence in design, while growing and developing fellow designers.
You would be perfect for this role if:
· You are a systems thinker who thinks big and designs for scalability.
* You move fast and design groundbreaking experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
· You are a principled design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey.
* You are an empathic and optimistic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.