Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Applications team is looking for a Principal Application Developer/Technical Architect to help transform the way that customers use, interact, configure and personalize Oracle Cloud Apps by leveraging the latest and greatest technologies, from powerful client-side technology to machine learning and AI capabilities.
Due to the scope of responsibilities and domain knowledge required, this role calls for a highly technical, passionate and result oriented candidate who will work with developers, product managers, and architects, using cutting edge technologies to develop component-based UI and tools and ensure successful uptake by Oracle Cloud Apps.
In this role you will need to:
* Work in a SCRUM team to design and successfully deliver new components and required supporting tools to Cloud Apps teams.
* Work closely with Cloud teams during the uptake of these components to ensure successful release of Cloud Apps using the next generation of UI.
* Work with Product Management, Architecture and Oracle PaaS teams to make sure the deliverables are aligned with Cloud Apps functional and technical requirements
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* 7 year experience in product development
* Strong experience in Java design and development
* Strong knowledge of REST and related Server-side technologies (e.g. SWAGGER, OpenAPI, NodeJS)
* Experience with Cloud Applications and technologies. Experience in scalability, performance, security, concurrency for cloud-based Apps is a plus.
* Very strong communication and analytical skills
* Ability to take ownership and work on multiple tracks in a fast-paced distributed environment
* Experience with SCRUM and Agile development methodology
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.