What you'll be doing...
We don't wait for the future. We build it.
At Verizon, we have one mission: to give humans the ability to do more in this world. It's why we're partnering with visionaries from just about every industry you can imagine, using technology, data and a robust strategy to turn innovative ideas into realities. Building the future means we're continuously inventing for new markets and revenue opportunities yet to emerge. From 5G, AI/ML, Autonomous Vehicles, and data-driven supply chains to pioneering disruptive industry transformation, it will all be made into a reality by YOU.
In this exciting new position as part of the fast paced Network and Technology team, you will be developing next-generation technology strategies and partnering with internal teams along with strategic suppliers to enable Verizon's technology game-plan and drive architecture efforts across Verizon's Technology organization. As a DMTS, you will have to have a strong understanding of our internal Verizon technology/strategy as well as external technologies and how the different teams such as Landline, IT, Wireless Core, RAN, EPC are impacted and dependent on each other. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with technical expertise in 5G, Private-LTE, Multi-Access Edge Computing, AI/ML, AR/VR, Security, and large-scale architecture implementation. Candidate will be responsible for understanding executive vision, formulating & executing strategy, and laying out the technical architecture across the organization.
* Provide technical expertise in current state of the art and future technology trends, primarily within the evolving 5G, Private-LTE, Multi-Access Edge Computing, AI/ML, AR/VR, and Security ecosystem, key players within segments and current/emerging business models.
* Will have deep understanding of Verizon wireline & wireless network infrastructure, operations workflow, procedures and rules of engagement.
* Propose/Define technical projects and definitions based on our roadmap and closely collaborate with our partners to timely deliver on milestones.
* Lead many functions within the various Verizon business units including IT & Network internal and external system architects, HQ planning teams, product line managers, Maintenance Engineering, Sourcing, DevOps leads, Executive Management and a variety of other business and technical organizations spanning Verizon's enterprise.
* Create and communicate captivating presentations to all levels of the organization including senior management.
* Locate opportunities to streamline processes. Take action and bring about change to the necessary teams to drive these efficiencies.
* Drive the development of detailed business cases for next generation infrastructure disruptors that includes competitive analysis and total cost of ownership of technology. Once selected assist in on boarding of the technology/strategy in coordination with various internal departments.
* Strategically utilize research and analytics of the external environment to understand market dynamics; trends; size; segmentation; customer needs; applicable emerging technologies; and the competitive landscape to Identify new technologies for application areas such as 5G, IOT, Edge Computing, Next Gen Broadband, Aerial, Video Delivery, Security, and AI/ML/AR/VR.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with wireless telecommunications, Network and IT industry or relevant strategy work experience.
* Experience in research or commercial product development, higher layers of technology stack and software focus.
Even better if you have
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications or related field.
* Industry Certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Linux, Openstack, Microsoft, EMC, CISSP, etc).
* Experience from large internet, telecom, cloud or related companies.
* Eight or more years of wireline, wireless telecommunications, Network and IT industry experience required.
* Five or more years of Verizon operations / maintenance engineering / network engineering / technology development & planning experience.
* Five or more years of experience in research or commercial product development, higher layers of technology stack and software focus. Strong technology experience, spanning most layers of the stack, from "Silicon to Device" to "Cloud to User" interface. Experience in more than one of the following technologies such as AR/VR, Autonomous Driving, V2X, 5G, Immersive Media, Robotics, UAV, Security, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
* Strong knowledge in statistical software and scripting languages (R, Python). Strong knowledge and experience with machine learning / artificial intelligence techniques and methodologies
* Experience with assessing and leading current Verizon technologies, suppliers, challenges and new emerging architectures and network concepts needed to drive transformation in a Tier 1 carrier network.
* Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving,
* Presentation and multi-objective skills with ability to develop relationships with next generation and disruptive partner, drive feature roadmaps, meet deadlines and to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
* Experience in Leading / Organizing internal and peer team members and providing Executive level updates as needed. Ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization, and ability to lead through influence without a direct line of authority.
* Experience in wireless IP networking, routing & switching, mobile technologies / markets, Radio Access Networks, LTE Evolved Packet Core, IP Multimedia Subsystem, application traffic flows, and Security best practices.
* Knowledge in wireless and broadband technology standards (e.g. 3GPP, MPLS, BGP, VXLAN, SRv6, DOCSIS, ETSI MANO) and application / Infrastructure virtualization within a service provider network.
* Experience in SDN, NFV, Openstack, Docker, Container deployments as well as the MANO / FCAPS model to support Service level orchestration and assurance
* PMP or an equivalent Project/Program Management Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.