The Chief Security Office is seeking a motivated individual to join the Threat Analytics team as a data scientist working on a platform that exemplifies the definition of "Big Data". This individual will have the privilege of working on a team of highly skilled security analysts helping to solve today's most challenging security use cases. We are looking for someone with the drive, passion and curiosity to uncover invisible relationships between disparate data sets, generate insights where there weren't any, and guide decision-making from the vast troves of data we collect. The positions primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. Then communicating those insights to the team and decision makers who can then apply them to improve the overall security posture of the company. We are looking for someone who asks the questions most wouldn't even think to ask or believe were possible to answer and feel challenged to solve them. The position will require knowledge in some of the newest areas of study within the data science field including R/R Cloud, ML, kNN, SVM, etc. It will also require research into newer and more advanced predictive modeling techniques as appropriate for a specific cases. Candidate will also work with the AT&T research organization to help define security-based algorithms to collaboratively find solutions for them. Communication skills in the form of verbal and written will also be required to report findings to the team, the organization and higher-level management.
If this all sounds like exciting work and you are ready to explore the next generation of data science and play a vital role in defending our network, this is the position you've been looking for.
* A degree in a relevant field:
* Computer science
* Data science
* Applied Math
* Deep understanding of Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocols, devices, security mechanisms and how they operate.
* Strong understanding of network security threats including APT, botnets, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, worms, and network exploits.
* Knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
* Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
* A strong background in statistical concepts and calculations, infrastructure design, cloud computing, and data warehousing
* Programming skills: shell(ksh, bash), [g]awk, Python, PERL, regex, .NET Programming, Java, C, C++, C#, Powershell, curl, Web application development (PHP, ASP.NET, etc.)
* Understanding of cloud-based architectures and highly distributed big data architectures
* Proficiency with statistical analysis tools to include:
* R/R Cloud
* Naive Bayes
* Decision Forests
* Experience with big data tools to include:
* Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
* Creative/out-of-the-box thinking and good problem-solving skills.
* Excellent team work skills for collaboration on analysis techniques, implementation, and reporting.Must be able to work both independently as well as effectively work in teams of individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have demonstrated ability to present material to senior management.
* Understanding of mobile data protocols
* One or more of these certifications:
* CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
* CPT: Certified Penetration Tester
* OSCP: Offensive Security Certified Professional
* Possession of a United States government security clearance desired (if no security clearance currently held, the candidate must be willing and able to apply for a security clearance)
Job ID 1920056-2 Date posted 06/26/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.