Business Case Summary:
As AT&T continues to drive improvements in Speed, Cost and Quality, we will utilize agile and scaled methodologies to achieve this effort. These methodologies demand a new way of working and require strong collaboration across teams.
The Agile Coach will function as both a teacher and an advisor in a consultative or mentoring relationship for maturing agile practices and driving enterprise transformation in a scaled environment.
The Coach may be available for continued mentoring after the formal engagement has been completed.
Agile Coaches focus on driving transformation for the program which they are assigned and fully engaged. They are experts in helping teams mature in the use of agile methodology and explaining how the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is used and implemented at AT&T. They will promote consistent behaviors and provide guidance to drive maturity. Agile Coaches guide and help teams on both the product and delivery side.
An Agile Coach may function at varying levels depending on individual skill and experience combined with need of the engagement. An Enterprise or Executive coach will work with team members at the Portfolio and/or Solution level. A Program coach will work with team members at the Program level. A Team coach will work with team members at the team level.
The Agile Coach will use their broad Agile experiences and understanding of best practices to develop multiple agile teams within an organization or a release train. The Agile Coach may serve as an advisor for Scrum Masters and Scrum Teams and will help in the execution of an Agile Release Train. Afterwards, the Agile Coach can periodically check on teams, help them stay on track with Agile techniques, and fine-tune behavior as needed.
The Agile Coach serves in a coaching/mentoring role only and does not occupy a SAFe role or an active member of a Scrum Team. They are encouraged to use "I do it/We do it together/You do it" techniques to ensure comprehension of work. They participate in and support the AT&T Transformation effort. This may include:
* Driving SAFe principles, values, behaviors and methodologies throughout the organization
* Assisting teams with planning and execution of ceremonies, use of the AT&T selected standard Agile tracking tool, Epic creation, User Story development, etc.
* Partnering with the Product Owner creating and maintaining the Backlog, including grooming
* Partnering with the Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers (RTEs) and Solution Train Engineers (STEs) to ensure cross-team coordination and servant leadership
* Reaching out to the larger company network for impediment removal
* Guidance on use standard metrics that give the team insight into how they are doing and assistance in reporting these metrics to management
* Encouraging adoption of a truly Agile mindset, including ownership, self-management, empowerment and servant leadership
* Performing Agility assessment and providing feedback on future areas of focus for team improvement
* Coaching SAFe Team Members, SAFe Roles and Scrum Masters
* Pushing comfort levels of team members to achieve results
Training and Special Skills:
* Experience with agile and scaled agile methodology
* Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
* Experience with AT&T standard Agile tools and engineering practices
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong team facilitation skills
* Ability to provide objective guidance
* Ability to work with all levels of management
* Ability to work in challenging environments
* SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification
* Scrum Master (CSM, SASM) certification
* Product Owner (CPO, POPM) certification
* Experience in scaled agile implementations
* Experience in implementing and running Agile projects of varying size and complexity in different cultures and environments
* 5 years AT&T or general work/educational experience
* 2-3 years Agile experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Job ID 1922288 Date posted 07/02/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.