About the teamZillow is looking passionate, strategic, data-driven leader who is comfortable with ambiguity to help drive industry disruption and delight consumers with our biggest swing yet - Zillow Offers.
This role will allow you to set product strategy, identify new product and business opportunities as well as solve complex problems. If you are looking for an opportunity to empower end users and make a direct impact to reshape the real estate industry, we'd love to hear from you.
About the role
You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts, coordinating across multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Who you are
* 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
* 4+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
* 2+ years' experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
* A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
* Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
* Strong business and technical vision
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
* PMP or Project Management Certification
* Master's in Business Administration
* 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, or Perl
* Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
Get to know usZillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.