Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure systems for the cloud? The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is building new technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers depend on our work to run their businesses and our mission is to provide them with the best in class set of cloud-based services.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems within large scale, global platforms. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. This is an exciting time in our journey - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing, building, and implementing distributed, cloud-scale systems. You should be both a rock-solid designer and a distributed systems generalist that is comfortable diving deep into any part of the stack, including interaction with hardware. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
* 6 years experience building and operating large scale, highly available, cloud based distributed services
* Intermediate skill in a modern programming language such as Java, C, C , C#, Go, or Python
* Strong knowledge of operating system fundamentals
* Strong understanding of data models and distributed persistence technologies
* Thorough understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
* Strong software design and architecture skills
* Proficiency in design of distributed services and infrastructure
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
* Experience shipping complex products over multiple release cycles
* Experience architecting and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
* Experience using Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, or equivalents
* Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
* Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
* Experience with big data solutions
* Direct experience with fleet orchestration for both virtual and containerized workloads
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures
* Working familiarity with storage principles, protocols and practices
* Working familiarity with building secure software using modern security principles
* Technical leadership experience
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. A Principal Member of Technical Staff is a leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. A BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area required. 7 years of software engineering or related experience required.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.