The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Amazon Go is hiring for a Principal Technical Program Manager to help drive new feature development for Amazon Go. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the cross-discipline system architecture (research, computer vision, hardware, firmware, software) to power the next generation of Amazon stores.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical, creative and able to drive solutions in collaboration with other teams and stakeholders.
You must be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
* Work with engineering and product management to translate business requirements into technical/functional specifications.
* Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
* Drive engineering project execution, make technical tradeoffs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
* Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning dozens of retail services and tools teams.
* Assist with recruiting, hiring process, and growing the team.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.