Our vision is to create the world's leading self-service AI developer environment that empowers skill builders to craft experiences that make Alexa a natural and enriching part of everyday life.
Alexa Skills Developer Tech is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager. In this role you will be responsible for shaping the technical, product, and execution vision for one of Amazon's fastest-growing platform that enables Alexa developers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Work across a diverse set of stakeholder organizations to prioritize and manage large development projects
* Connect the dots across many sub-teams to ensure consistent execution
* Scoping and delivering large programs end-to-end.
* Gathering business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications
* Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal and external teams to develop optimal solutions.
* Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
* Driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch
* Track and report data, and manage organizational mechanisms, to help stakeholders understand the business
* Report on team status across several executive communication channels
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.