Check out our team videos:
At the heart of Amazon's e-commerce business is the Item & Offer Platform engineering team. The platform is used by millions of merchants to expose customers to new products or new offerings on existing products. Using massively parallel processing and proprietary techniques, millions of updates to details, prices, inventory levels, and relationships are processed in real time to keep Amazon's catalog fresh. Imagine that on any given day your solutions bring billions of experiences to customers around the globe; that is the reality on the Item & Offer Platform team.
The Item and Offer Platform team is an agile, fast-moving team driving the future of this central piece of Amazon's shopping experience. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to shape that future.
In this role, you will participate in all parts of the software development process, from collaborating with customers on design to executing that design in a scalable and extensible way. You will have the opportunity to solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day. Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses.
You must be able to:
* Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
* Drive large scale projects spanning teams across Amazon from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
* Clearly communicate vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
* Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
* Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team's goals.
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.