The Economic Technology team (ET) applies Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Causal Inference, and Econometric/Economic Methodologies to derive actionable insights about the complex economy of Amazon's retail business. We also develop Statistical Models and Algorithms to drive strategic business decisions and improve operations. We are an interdisciplinary team of Economists, Engineers, and Scientists incubating and building day one solutions using cutting-edge technology, to solve some of the toughest business problems at Amazon.
In this team, you will:
* Work on a variety of challenging problems that have the potential to significantly impact Amazon's business and competitive position.
* Collaborate with groups of experts and cross-functional colleagues in an agile environment.
* Learn and grow by being exposed to multiple organizational problems in a short time frame.
* Be expected to discover, define, and apply scientific, engineering, and business best practice.
* Work with business leaders, scientists, and economists to translate business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables, including the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services.
* Partner with scientists, economists, and engineers to help deliver scalable ML and econometric models while building tools to help our customers gain and apply insights.
You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional infrastructure and services are built and maintained in order to create the agility necessary to develop and incubate new solutions to challenging business problems. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to own large and complex multi-business deliverables.
This role is critical to ensuring the success of projects supporting millions of customers in their shopping missions as well as a significant portion of Amazon's revenue. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, and strong business judgment, to help us execute effectively on the complex roadmaps. In this role, you will need to manage cross-functional communication, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into workable plans, and to lead execution across multiple teams.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.