Each of Cox Automotive's Product lines (Release Trains) have technical and solution architects responsible for nurturing an architecture that improves the quality, simplicity, and time-to-market of its software products. The Release Train Architect - F&I Express is a leader on the F&I Express Release Train, working collaboratively to create the architectural vision for the Release Train and supporting team members responsible for execution.
The Release Train Architect is a leader who can effectively foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and high-performance. This person must knock down technical, cultural, and organizational impediments, mentor lead technical staff, and collaborate with other architecture and engineering leaders to develop a healthy organization.
As a member of the F&I Express Release Team leadership team, the Release Train Architect works with counterparts in Engineering and Product Management to define, plan, and execute the product engineering work for their Release Train, with a focus on guiding the architecture of the software and solutions towards the architectural vision. The Release Train Architect collaborates with stakeholders across the company to ensure that the solutions delivered, meet both business and technical objectives and are aligned with the long-term technology roadmap.
The Release Train Architect will balance product solutioning with hands-on-technical capabilities. This role involves tight collaboration with business stakeholders, teams, customers, and third-party stakeholders in order to align all parties to a shared technology direction and strategy. The Release Train Architect also plays a strategic leadership role in guiding engineering teams toward next-generation product solutions, architecture, and engineering capabilities, including but not limited to:
* Applying a Services First approach to building applications
* Implementing measurable product features and integration
* Leveraging continuous delivery & lean development methodologies
* Using event- or messaging-based architectures and integration
* Serve as the architecture leader for the F&I Express Release Train, in partnership with Product and Engineering leadership
* Set the Release Train architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles; ensure that this vision is aligned with the CAI enterprise technology strategy
* Frame product solution and architectural alternatives in business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
* Champion sound architectural solutions and effectively advocate for them at an executive level
* Champion technology- and architecture-related investments, advocate for the priority of this work with Product, Business, and Engineering counterparts
* Manage technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering to create and execute appropriate risk mitigation and debt-reduction strategies
* Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets
* Mentor Technical Leads, Sr. Engineers and Architects, who provide architectural stewardship for the software products delivered by the Release Train
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* 10 years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
* 7 years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment
* 5 years of leadership experience, with a track record of increasing responsibilities
* Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
* Experience with cloud-native architectures or compatible architecture patterns
* Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines.
* Exemplary consulting skills and a track record of applying these skills as a practicing architect. Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
* Exemplary relationship skills and with a track record of being a trusted advisor.
* Great time management and a passion for delivering on commitments.
* Understanding and past experience in development and project management processes and methodologies including common roles, responsibilities, and key deliverables.
* Proven leadership, influence, and mentoring skills.