Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is looking for passionate and experienced technologists who fully appreciate the meaning behind, "with great power comes great responsibility". Someone with a super-hero-esque breadth of expertise and skills who possesses the desire to use their technology know-how to empower a mission-driven company aimed to set the standards in food retail; a company who also embraces their purpose to co-create a world where each of us, our communities, and our planet can flourish.
Our Technology Team is formalizing a new Technical Architecture team and hiring multiple Technical Architects to support a pipeline of exciting new projects requiring hybrid or cloud native infrastructure architecture strategy and design. We are looking for a Senior Principal Technical Architect with +15 years of infrastructure architect experience to lead and grow this team and help drive a cultural change around cloud. We are also looking for two initial Principal Technical Architects with +10 years of infrastructure, cloud, and security architecture experience to join this team. Candidates should be technologists with expertise in strategic design and architecture definition that can cover at least four of these areas:
* Compute & Processing
* Database & Storage
* Security & Monitoring
* Identity & Access
* Data Integration & Transformation
* Retail Devices & Hardware
* Warehouse Devices & Hardware
* Service Oriented Architectures (XaaS Architecture)
* Big Data Architecture
* Hybrid and Native Cloud Architectures (Public IaaS, PaaS services)
In this role, you will work alongside some of the top technology providers for to craft scalable, flexible, secure, and resilient architectures to support Whole Foods Market's continued growth and mission.
You will be asked to bring your knowledge of technology to complex problems, and find elegant solutions that can be delivered effectively by developers, and that will delight the business partners and customers who use them.
As a Technical Architect on the Enterprise Architecture Team, you will partner with other architects, Technology Team leaders, infrastructure engineering teams, application development teams, and business partners to support the management of your technical domain's roadmaps, blueprints, and high-level conceptual designs.
You'll be designer, historian, futurist, and librarian of the technology components, capabilities, and information within your domain.
Here are some of the qualities we appreciate on our Enterprise Architecture team related to this role:
* Whole Enchilada - Ability to own the end-to-end solution, understand everything, be the strategic advocate and listener when talking to business partners or development teams
* Inspire Curiosity - Thrives on curiosity, has charisma, leads learning by example
* Omniscient Nice - Can know it all without being a know-it-all
* Many Hats - A business person, a technologist, a leader, a facilitator, an administrator
* Balance - Values working hard as much as giving back to others
* Quality Focus - Passionate in helping engineers and 3rd party software teams in building high-quality code and solutions at speed
* Fearless - Not afraid to suggest or back big ideas
* Tenacious - Able to push back and focus the information discovery process
* Tech Artist - Ability to create meaningful visualizations and architecture models
* Tech Savvy - A deep affinity and exceptional flair with consumer gadgets, apps and other technology services, along with the vision to see how they can improve agility and engagement
* Tech Fun - Enjoys communication via meme
Principal Architect Level Qualifications:
* 10+ years of evangelizing technologies or working with technology development/delivery teams
* 8+ years of technology design, implementation, or consulting
* 5+ years of working with enterprise architecture, technical architecture or infrastructure frameworks, methodologies, templates, and tools
Other Basic Qualifications:
* Strategic technology planning experience; experience in strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance
* Analytical skills. Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technology concepts to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists, and the ability to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels
* High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
PREFERRED QUALITIES & SKILLS
* Technical degree; with computer science, math, or engineering highly desired
* Experience with grocery or retail in either technology or business operations
* Experience with enterprise architecture or data modelling toolsets like Casewise, Troux, or CA/Erwin
* Experience with technical writing, design spec documentation, requirement traceability, risk/issue management or tracking
* Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect (preferred), or CCNA, MCSE-Cloud Platform, VMware, Google-Certified Cloud Professional
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is a company operating a chain of natural and organic foods supermarkets.