Principal Systems Engineer (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 220282_20164
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
We are seeking a passionate Principal Systems Engineer to design and integrate the TORCH system. Built with Agile Methodologies, and integrated with DevSecOps processes, this role will also be key to developing SE, automated testing and deployment within the TORCH system. Some travel may be required to assist with customer integration and initial software support.
What You'll Get to Do:
As our Principal Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to:
* Provide variant existing and future systems engineering and evaluation of systems performance, design, and recommendations on integration
* Participate in broad array of system concept & design efforts, including engineering reviews of drawings, interfaces, and functional specifications against system requirements.
* Participate in science & technology studies, including engineering trade studies, capability / feasibility studies, impact assessments, performance evaluations, and other relevant activities.
* Provide timely review of planning documents, interface control documents (ICD), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Contract Data Requirements List (CRDLs), and other relevant products.
* Develop, review, and implement mission systems' test procedures for applicability.
* Work with the GFE Manager to Identify, coordinate and manage scheduled delivery and risk mitigation for Mission Systems Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) / Government Furnished Information (GFI) as identified.
* Participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), Technical Exchange Meetings (TEM), Working Groups, Task Forces, and other relevant forums.
* Liaise with stakeholders as needed
* Support timely risk identification, analysis, reporting, and mitigation for mission systems.
* Generate & deliver timely status updates, weekly reports, schedule revisions, engineering reports, briefings, documents, procedures, plans, drawings, white papers, planning documents, and other relevant products as required.
* Work cohesively with leadership, internal & external personnel to meet demand and work tasks to closure.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Systems
* 12 years of experience or Non-degreed with minimum 16 years military experience in Combat Systems and C4I Systems
* Experience with Navy Surface Warfare or Aviation Combat Systems and C4I Systems Engineering
* Active TS/SCI with poly Clearance
* Self-motivating, proactive professional demeanor
* Ability to perform in routine high tempo environment and satisfy quick turnaround deadlines
* Ability to balance potentially competing priorities to ensure project success.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Recognized subject matter expert in collection systems.
What we can offer you:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington & Denver Posts
* Work with a highly motivated, innovative and talented team of operations analysts, engineers and scientists
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.