Bank Of New York Mellon
The BNY Mellon Technology organization places great emphasis on reducing risk and increasing resiliency, which puts a strong focus to our engineering practices, including reliability engineering and development standards. The Resilient Systems Engineering (RSE) group is charged with addressing the need to continually enhance the stability, resilience, and recoverability of the firm's critical assets and underlying infrastructure.
Uniquely, the RSE group bridges both infrastructure and application development teams, requiring deep expertise in the entire technology stack to achieve the highly resilient, scalable, and performant business services required by our clients.
We are looking for an Engineer/Programmer to help with modernization of our Kafka plant by automating most of the provisioning tasks and also build next generation of resilient tool kit to help operations team to closely monitor the plant and help application team needs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Design, architect and build high quality resilient software components that are used by our users on daily basis
* Participate in key design discussions, provide guidelines, best practices etc
* Help operations team troubleshoot / resolve production issues that were escalated
* Guide / mentor other junior team members
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of the most complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides expert input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Is an expert on current industry trends and emerging technologies. Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Engineering objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
* Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related experience is required.
* Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Strong java development experience with RESTful applications
* Excellent design and architecture skills to integrate different software components to build first class enterprise applications
* Experience with designing and developing applications targeted for cloud-based platforms (VMs, containers etc)
* Excellent knowledge of SDLC, TDD, CI/CD echo system
* Knowledge in Linux, Ansible, containers and Apache Kafka
* Strong team player
* Should be able to perform independently and guide other team members
* Knowledge of containers like Azure or AWS is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45199
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Resilient Systems Engineering-HR17387
Requisition Number: 1818924
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon