Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Integrated Avionics Product team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer - Avionics 3 or 4 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
* Report directly to the Manager of System Engineering as a technical lead on multi-platform avionics projects.
* Collaborate with all levels of Systems, Software and Hardware Engineering to develop requirements and architectures for digital cockpit capabilities of fixed and rotary wing military aircraft.
* Perform program technical planning.
* Participates in the development of program costing efforts.
* Utilize the EVMS system to track and facilitate program execution.
* Perform technical assessment of customer needs/requirements during proposal phase.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements/needs into verifiable hardware and software specifications.
* Plan and execute system integration, verification and validation as part of a cross functional team.
* Participate as a team member to drive issues to root cause and enact corrective design actions.
* Prepare and present technical data to management and customers.
* Organize and participate in system verification activities.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* This requisition may be filled at a higher grade level 3 or 4 based on qualifications listed below*
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline with 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Master's Degree in STEM related discipline with 3 years of experience in Systems Engineering; PhD with 0 years of experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline with 9 years of Systems Engineering experience; Master's Degree in STEM related discipline with 7 years of Systems Engineering experience; PhD with 4 years of Systems Engineering experience.
Additional requirements include:
* Broad base of Integrated Avionics Systems technical experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle including deployment.
* Demonstrated expertise within Systems Engineering to include but not limited to requirements analysis, requirements allocation, requirements decomposition, requirements development and verification & validation.
* Must have prior experience working with external customers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills is expected.
* Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
* Degree in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics.
* Experience with program security both in Anti-Tamper (AT) and Information Assurance (IA), including NIST SP800-53 and AT Security Classification Guide.
* Experience with Model-Based Engineering, software development and maintenance, and capability process improvements.
* Familiarity with the DOORS Requirements management tool.
* Extensive experience in certification of military aircraft systems for operation in civilian airspace, including DO-178, DO-254, DO-160, DO-236, DO-229, DO-283, etc. and Global Air Traffic Management (GATM).
* Experience in laboratory demonstrations/prototypes of cross-segment capabilities, technical teaching experience, and management of development and test teams.
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities to include mentorship of junior engineers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.