Fujitsu is a leading provider of customer-focused information technology and communications solutions for the global marketplace. Pace-setting device technologies, highly reliable computing and communications products, and a worldwide corps of systems and services experts uniquely position us to deliver comprehensive solutions that open up infinite possibilities for our customers' success.
FUJITSU GLOVIA, INC. is a leading innovator in manufacturing ERP solutions, helping manufacturers and assembly companies domestically and worldwide optimize, manage and grow their operations. From single-location manufacturers to multi-national, multi-lingual, multi-currency corporations, FUJITSU GLOVIA offers the expertise and technology to deliver simple, yet scalable solutions that solve its customers' most complicated business problems.
The company's GLOVIA G2 manufacturing ERP software offers a highly visual and versatile interface that simplifies work-flow for non-ERP experts and improves end-user productivity. GLOVIA G2 is an extraordinarily adaptable, fully mobile system offering universal use on any device, operating system or browser with full database support on SQL Server 2014 and Oracle Database 12c.
Available as an on-premise or cloud-based solution, GLOVIA G2 integrates with a variety of lean manufacturing systems to help customers eliminate process inefficiency and improve productivity, quality, delivery and service.
Company headquarters are in El Segundo, CA.
The primary development environment will be Windows and IIS, with UNIX versions of Solaris, HPUX, AIX, and Linux being secondary environments. The position will consult with senior software engineers and other staff members to evaluate interface between software components, operational and performance requirements of the overall systems.
Must be self-motivated and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Project work will include both new development and maintenance/enhancement to existing software. Job responsibilities will involve technical research, design, and coding. Must be capable of developing code to meet established formal specifications and acceptance criteria as well as developing original technical specifications to meet business requirements.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reports to EVP, Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned:
* Participate in system and process design for enhancing the existing systems and developing new functionality or systems.
* Responsible for the conversion of business and logical requirements into detailed technical specifications which include the testing requirements for verification of implementation.
* Formulates, designs and test the sub-system components primarily utilizing C, C or C#.NET, HTML5, JAVA, JQuery programming languages.
* Interact with the QA group and/or GCC group to resolve issues.
* Act as liaison to related department areas such as Programming, Sustaining Programming, Quality Assurance and Documentation to maintain communications regarding technical information relating to the Glovia G2 software development.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education & Training:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters in Computer Science will be a plus
* Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in systems programming
* Must have excellent working knowledge of one of the programming tools such as "C", C , JAVA, C#.NET, HTML5/JQuery programming language. Must have 2-3 years of working knowledge under UNIX/Linux or IIS environment
* Previous work experience with PROIV Kernel or Client is a plus
* Must be familiar with Web Based application development and must have experience with web services running under IIS
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Working knowledge of the Windows development environment and Unix/Linux
Development environments and tools.
* Must possess a good working knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of database driven systems.
* Expertise in C/C Programming or Expertise in web based application development tools such as HTML5/JQuery/WCF/C#.NET, Angular
* Working Knowledge of different database such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and ODBC connection. Familiarity of OCI Call will be a plus
* The ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and work effectively in fast paced environment.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
* Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed. Able to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
* Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate. Able to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
* Business title will Principal Systems Engineer or Sr. Systems Engineer depending on the candidate selected and their years of experience etc.
FUJITSU GLOVIA offers medical insurance, dental, vision care, life management and employee assistance, flexible spending (medical & dependent care); and retirement savings plans; company paid basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance; short term disability plan; basic long term and supplemental long term disability plans; business travel accident insurance; paid time off based on years of service.
Benefits are effective your first day of employment.
For additional information regarding Fujitsu Glovia, Inc., please visit: www.glovia.com
The people we want to join our team are enthusiastic and demonstrate initiative. They are team players who relish the challenge of a career in a dynamic and changing industry. If this is you, send your resume today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.