Thales Defense & Security, Inc., is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, and naval/maritime markets. In addition to mission-critical electronic warfare and communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; air traffic management navigation, and surveillance, and simulation. Further, Thales Defense & Security, Inc. serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions-such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare-to address U.S. requirements.
We currently have an opening in our Clarksburg, MD office for a Principal Systems Engineer. This position reports to the Director of Systems and Software Engineering.
The role will require the systems engineer to lead and perform duties associated with system concept development, proposal development, product strategy, and product development. These activities include working with subcontractors and partner companies. The candidate must be able to lead teams and work well within teams. Excellent communications skills are required. The candidate should have extensive experience in system development and customer CONOPs. The candidate is required to have familiarity with system design practices, RF hardware design, digital architecture design, and exploitation software utilization. The candidates must be familiar with customer OPSEC and COMSEC methods and practices.
* Support business development activities for the specified business lines segment.
* Proactively interface with customers and partners to identify, qualify and capture new business opportunities.
* Support market analysis, monitor competitive intelligence, and identify customer needs.
* Maintain a high ethical standard of practice, including compliance with all company procedures.
* Meaningfully contribute to product definition and design.
* US Citizenship.
* Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance with the possibility of attaining a Top Secret clearance.
* 8+ years of experience with expertise in Cyber / Electronic Warfare program, particularly those related to Size, Weight and Power constrained environments.
* Experience with unmanned systems is considered a plus.
* Experience leading and performing duties associated with system concept development, proposal development, product strategy, and product development.
* Requires extensive experience in system development and customer CONOPs
* Excellent communications skills are required.
* Familiarity with system design practices, RF hardware design, digital architecture design, and exploitation software utilization.
* Qualified candidates must be familiar with customer OPSEC and COMSEC methods and practices.
* The successful candidate will have at least 5-10 years military tactical operational experience or significant civilian experience interacting with and gaining the trust of tactical operational military (Army, Marine Corps, SOCOM).
* Five years' experience with a multi-discipline defense manufacturer preferred.
* Familiarity with MANET networks, Software Defined Radio (SDR), radio waveform technology desired.
* Additional experience within USSOCOM and Intelligence programs desired.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent field.
* Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
* The ability to manage multiple projects.
* Ability to work in a team environment and interact with employees in all departments and functions.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft products required
* The systems engineer will have experience and knowledge in communications systems and their integration into C4ISR networks.
* Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7549.