The Systems Engineering and Integration Test Center (SEIT) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications. The successful candidate will be a member of the National Space Systems Department and will provide engineering guidance for the development of system products through the life cycle of programs. This position will include assignments in the Subsystem and/or Communication development section. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to develop, design, build, and test in support of prime hardware and software. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, Supply Chain Management (SCM)/supplier technical exchange, analysis tool development and design analysis to support the development of the hardware and software.
* 8+ years of systems engineering experience, and/or combination of system and software engineering
* Demonstrated engineering leadership experience and track record
* Technical experience in analog, digital, EO/IR systems and/or RF systems
* Experience in preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
* Experience with subsystem development, electrical interface definition, and requirements & allocation development
* Experience in generating electrical drawings, schematics and test procedures
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
* Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
* Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team
* Ability to work independently and within team environment
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an Active Top Secret/SCI clearance or SSBI as of Day 1 of employment
* Experience in space systems
* Experience with EVMS and usage as a management tool
* Experience in proposal development including BOE creations
* Experience in developing test data analysis tools, mathematical algorithms for RF signal processing and calibration development
* Experience in developing systems Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Electrical Interface Document (EICD)
* Ability to collaborate with other disciplines, such as Hardware, Software, and Test Equipment teams to ensure designs are consistent
* Experience in designing and analysis of electrical circuits, analog, digital and RF
* Experience developing embedded software or firmware
* Proficient in Matlab, C++, Python, Labview or related programming languages
* Proficient with standard industry tools like DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, Autocad and/or Test Stand
* Technical publications and/or patents
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), or Master's degree in relevant field with 8 years of engineering experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143635BR 143635 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
SSBI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.