Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering leadership support within modelling, simulation and analysis tool efforts. This department provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
* Oversee change control and release process for teams working on development and integration of radar models, analysis tools, and simulation frameworks
* Interface between technical team leadership, program leadership, and functional leadership
* Liaison with Information Technology and Information Assurance areas
* Leading Agile processes, coordination of multidisciplinary team of systems and software engineers working modeling and simulation efforts
* Conducting or participating in program and/or customer reviews, and providing task progress status updates and work products to the project lead
* Maintaining consistent software and tool deployment across various networks
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems engineering requirements, design, integration, testing, verification, validation, documentation and process activities
* Knowledge of AESA-based radar systems operation, functionality, testing, verification, system qualification and sell off
* Experience with security protocols and guidelines
* Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, Python, DOORS, Subversion or related
* Experience working with both customer and internal resources
* Must have US Citizenship
* Must have ability to access US only data
* Ability to obtain SAP-Special Access
* Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
* Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
* Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in problem resolution, configuration management, process improvement
* Leadership and communication skills
* Experience leading a technical team of engineers
* Active Top Secret and/or additional clearances
* Currently active SAP-Special Access
* Experience with Information Assurance Processes and Policies
Required Education: Bachelors degree in STEM related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
142637BR 142637 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.