Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) to support a campaign of new and existing programs as well as customer shaping and pursuits for next generation Command and Control mission planning systems integrating COTS and custom software. Our customers are quickly transitioning to a 'commercial - like' procurement and development model. We are seeking someone who can quickly adapt and lead the systems engineering team accordingly.
The LSE is responsible for the process and execution of all systems engineering tasks on a program or pursuit, to include proposal support, bid estimation, requirements management, and IV&V. The LSE will work closely with the Chief Engineer and other disciplines to ensure the proposal technical solution or the developed system meets customer requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Establish customer needs and develop them into Business/Technical Requirements.
* Establish systems engineering scope and schedule parameters to execute projects.
* Contribute to pursuit activities including customer engagements, proposal writing, generation of bases of estimates (BOE), and supporting engineering pursuit gate reviews.
* Elicit customer technical and programmatic requirements and manage the requirements in a requirements management tool such as DOORS.
* Develop Concepts of Operation (CONOPs), support architecture definition.
* Lead and support internal and customer technical reviews including gate reviews, SRR/PDR/CDR, and technical interchange meetings.
* Manage integration, verification and validation (IV&V) efforts including test plans, test procedures, and customer requirements sell-off.
* Collect and track monthly systems engineering and program metrics and brief at engineering program reviews (EPR).
* Perform engineering estimates for new work and develop bid packages for engineering bid reviews (EBR)
* Represent the systems engineering discipline on configuration control boards (CCB) and other boards.
* Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with the Systems Engineering discipline organization to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned
* Provide cross-IPT technical coordination.
* Able to travel domestically and internationally.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have active DoD Secret Security clearance, and be eligible for TS/SCI
* Must hold a current US passport
* Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in multidiscipline programs requiring systems engineering and architecture of large scale, COTS and software intensive systems
* Experience in proposal development and bid estimation
* Experience with mission planning and mission management systems for military aircraft
* Experience delivering software systems using agile development techniques and methodologies
* Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, suppliers, and other peer groups
* Experience managing and forecasting cost and schedule using the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
* Experience using a requirements management tool such as DOORS
* Senior level communication/presentation skills and strong customer relations skills
* Experience with IV&V activities such as test plan development, test procedure development, and requirements sell-off
* Experience with international programs
* Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
* Six Sigma qualification
B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or a Science with 8 years of related work experience; Master's with a 6 years of functional area experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142492BR 142492 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.