Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 2 years and has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, massage therapist, relaxation rooms, cafeteria, learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes foosball and pool tables, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special events (Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities), and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedules are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline. Plus there are lots of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of the site along with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/jyPBTRDWVKg
Raytheon is seeking a talented Senior System Engineer for our GEOINT portfolio of programs at our Cityline/Richardson, TX location. The System Engineer, at either the system, subsystem or component level, will contribute to a team of systems engineers in the accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment. A Systems Engineer with GEOINT experience and experience in an Agile development environment.
Typical responsibilities include:
* System engineering analyses including trade studies, system architecture development, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification
* Supporting definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development; while interfacing with personnel from other organizations, attending technical interchange meetings with team members and other program personnel, that represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development of projects
* Providing status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks
* Document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues
* Support of ECP efforts as required while managing time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active DoD Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance
A bonus of "up to" $40,000.00 is offered to hired applicants with an Active TS/SCI, or higher, clearance
Requires the aptitude to:
* Apply extensive technical expertise in Systems Engineering
* Knowledge of other related disciplines
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
* Work without appreciable direction
* Exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
* Interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
* Knowledge of/or experience with Systems Engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
* System Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
* Working knowledge of ICD 503
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (Agile) and program lifecycle modes
* Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
* Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
* Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of at least three of the following systems engineering functions:
* requirements development and management,
* system design,
* interface definition and control,
* integration and test
* Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
* Proven ability to collaborate with internal company contacts as well as inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
* Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
* Knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM)
* Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
* Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
8 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; or 6 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
138414BR 138414 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.