In this role you will serve as the Lead Systems Design Software Architect for the design, development, and deployment of test software to be used for Product Characterization and Manufacturing for manual and/or automated Test Systems. Supports R&D and OPs engineering projects to identify, define, document and implement software standards in software applications and project deliverables during the design process, across different functional stakeholders in hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering. The primary responsibility of this role is design, document, and develop deployment strategies that is portable and scalable across DVT, Product Characterization, and Manufacturing needs.
In this role, you will drive the test architecture requirements for all external vendors that develop Test Systems which includes, requirements generation, test spec specifications, leads code reviews, manages source code, test case development and defines deployment strategies. You will be responsible for leading/co-leading design and deployment efforts for the design and standardization of data transfer software to local or network-based databases which preserves and maintains data configuration traceability between DHF submissions and source systems in engineering such as requirement management systems, test case management systems, software source control, issue management systems and other business solutions used during product development. You will also work in close relation to OPs and R&D to implement workflows, business rules, features, reports, templates and other formats as well as training to ensure System data outputs are consistent with product requirements and company standards.
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead and Develop Test Software System Architecture Design based on system requirements, working closely with OPs and R&D teams to develop manufacturing solutions for internal and external customers.
* Define Test System Software requirements and specifications for New Product Development and NPIs across multiple test platforms.
* Lead the development and documentation of Test Software Verification & Validation test methods and Protocols.
* Lead and architect strict controls and process on code control, code reviews, and SW deployment strategies to manufacturing.
* Partner with QA R&D to lead and develop full Test Traceability of requirements from Design to Manufacturing.
* Partner with Test System Architect to Co-lead and collaborate with R&D Hardware and Firmware Engineering to ensure Test Software requirements are testable for detecting manufacturing defects.
* Partner with Test System Architect to Co-lead and collaborate with R&D to develop DVT based Test Software solutions to minimize the need for non-manufacturing tests in manufacturing.
* Partner with Test Systems Architect to lead the Test Software development of Product Characterization development of NPIs.
* Develop, design and push automated Test solutions into V&V process.
* Develop and maintain LabVIEW based support applications for control and data acquisition across a wide range of test and measurement systems for portability across functional groups.
* Lead and/or co-develop LabVIEW Code with Ops Eng using modular instrumentation (PXI, LXI, etc.) based data acquisition hardware, off-the-shelf test equipment, and custom developed hardware.
* Design, support, improve, and modify existing LabVIEW applications across functional groups as necessary.
* Create and maintain documentation, version control history, and bug tracking for LabVIEW applications in coordination with Ops and R&D functional teams.
* Provide LabVIEW based SW training to Ops and R&D functional teams.
* Mentor engineers within Ops and R&D functional teams.
* CLD (Certified LabVIEW Developer) certification or above is highly desired.
* Prior Experience as a Lead Test Engineer or main developer driving and generating code for large scale LabVIEW based applications in medical devices for manufacturing (millions of units per year minimum).
* 10+ years LabVIEW application development with test sequencer/executive experience with demonstrated proficiency concurrent with CLD.
* Experience with hardware driver development with NI device driver suite such as NI DAQmx, NI VISA drivers, and supported protocols (GPIB, RS232/RS485, TCP/IP) for Product Characterization and Manufacturing.
* Strong experience with driver development of modular instrumentation utilizing high speed and parallel data acquisition.
* 5+ years Software Development/Management experience with requirements management, test case management, issue management, document control, code reviews, and strict version control.
* Highly detail oriented in design, programming, debug, and documentation work.
* 3-5+ years' experience with Jira and GIT or related experience with code source control.
* Experience developing APIs or SW services in LabVIEW to send/receive test data to a local or remote database (SQL based).
* Familiar with basic relational database concepts.
* Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
* Ability to plan work and accomplish objectives with minimum of direction.
* Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
* Strong skills in creating and making technical presentations to small and large audiences.
* Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* High attention to detail, personal initiative, and follow-through.
* CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect) certification
* Master's degree in Computer Science Engineering or a related field
* LabVIEW Real-time and FPGA Programming experience
* LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming experience
* Experience with developing Motion and Vision applications
* Experience with Bluetooth and NFC application technologies
* Experience with developing LabVIEW code for calling external code (Dll, COM objects, ActiveX, .NET, etc.)
* Experience in translation of source code from various languages (VB, C, C++, C#, Python, Matlab) into LabVIEW code
* Strong experience in developing LabVIEW VIs with memory and CPU management as well being able to load and call dynamically
* Experience with LabVIEW version 2012 or newer
* Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group
* Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 15+ years related experience or a Master's degree and 10+ years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 7+ years of experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.