Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Principal Systems Administrator to support a NG DoD program. The System Administrator will be a member of the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across while providing a decisive advantage to our customer's missions.
The Principal Systems Administrator - Operations position will be located in Herndon, VA
* The systems administrator will support the development team and environment in Herndon, VA.
* The candidate will be responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of the servers and Commercial Software packages, and will perform software installations, maintain system documentation, manage server and software configurations, establish and enforce procedures, monitor system health, collect performance metrics, and participate in capacity planning.
* This position will require good administrative knowledge of AWS and its operations as well as good communication skills to guide the customer and support the rest of the operations team in the technical aspects of the AWS environment.
* Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, and allocating mass storage space.
* In addition, the candidate will troubleshoot performance issues utilizing root-cause analysis and address system issues.
* Some support will be on-site at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years' experience required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Active Secret Security Clearance with SSBI is required.
* Ability to obtain Security certification or equivalent certification for DoD 8570 compliance is required.
* Experience with managing and patching Operating Systems (Linux - RedHat, Windows Server 2012 or higher).
* Experience with STiG implementations.
* Experience writing automated Linux scripts using PERL, Python, and Java.
* Experience with management of Active Directory.
* Experience with COTS package upgrades and software deployments.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Security certification or equivalent certification for DoD 8570 compliance.
* Experience managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud systems and deployments (Lambda, CloudFormation).
* Knowledge of PKI Certificate based authentication / Single Sign-On.
* Knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STiG) and Cyber Security.
* Knowledge Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, DNS and database.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.