Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Principal Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Vienna, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Treasury GSOC program. The Treasury Government Security Operations Center (GSOC) provides cybersecurity services for the Department of the Treasury and serves as the focal point for data exchange between Treasury and the Department of Homeland Defense.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Perform Cyber Security and LINUX Network Administration
* Install and configure CentOS 6 and 7 servers
* Administer servers by providing patching, system tuning and fixes
* Install and configure Juniper SRX and Netscreen SSG firewalls
* Manage firewall issues by adding/deleting firewall rules and patching the operating system
* Install and configure CentOS laptops for the user community
* Administer the laptops by providing system tuning, software enhancement, fixes and patching
* Create or disable accounts and account groups as needed through 389 Directory Server
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security or a related field and 6 years' experience.
* Mastery of IT policy, security requirements, security architecture, planning concepts, methods and practices
* Experience with IT security theories and concepts, practices and emerging issues
* Experience with software engineering theories, concepts and practices
* Experience with state of the art internet technologies, methods, standards and issues (security, privacy, accessibility)
* Understanding of project management methods and concepts sufficient to represent interagency work groups established to develop government-wide IT policy initiatives
* Must currently hold a Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* One of the following certifications: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); or equivalent Information Assurance Certification
* VMWARE 6
* Juniper SRX firewalls
* Nescreen SSG firewalls
* 389 Directory Server
* Apache Web Server
* Openfire Chat Server
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.