Northrop Grumman Corporation
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
* Overseeing daily maintenance, including performance monitoring, deployment of operating system patches and software upgrades, and configuration control of the network technical baseline.
* Provide assistance to fellow team members and end users in investigation, diagnoses, and problem resolution
* A Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) Information Technology or equivalent degree is required.
* Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in Windows Server Administration.
Position requires an active Security Clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Relevant industry certifications such as DOD 8570 Level 2 Technical Certification (GSEC, Security ce, CySA, CASP) or higher (CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA) (Will be required to be obtained within six months of hire)
* Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE Windows Server 2012 or 2016, Windows 10) (Will be required to be obtained within six months of hire)
* Extensive experience with DNS, Active Directory, GPO's, and LDAP configuration.
* Experience with Backup systems and methods
* Experience with Installation, configuration and maintenance of virtual environments (VmWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
* Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
* Ability to work across disciplines to isolate issues between software, firmware, and hardware, between software and operating systems, between networks and applications, and between one-time events and recurrent systematic problems
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to include, but not limited to, creation of process documentation and How to Guides.
* Familiarity or Prior hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, and Firewalls.
* Familiarity with DoD computer security tools such as ACAS, Nessus, etc.
* Familiarity with Windows Power Shell and\or Linux based scripting
* Familiarity with McAfee and Symantec Products
* Familiarity with imaging/deployment of systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.