We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and proactive principal architect to work in our Architecture and Technology Group. This group is at the very heart of Arm and its ecosystem. The group shapes technology of tomorrow by defining the architecture of Arm based systems. This essential role in the group is primarily aimed at defining system architecture and standards for infrastructure systems based on Arm. This role will be helping shape the post PC era, influencing Arm's future roadmap, and the roadmaps of major silicon companies, and OS vendors in the Arm ecosystem.
What will I be accountable for?
The successful candidate will be one of the core members of the standards team and be responsible for defining Arm-based and industry standards that meet the customer needs. We are looking for a senior architect who is passionate about the latest computing technology.
* Represent Arm at some key standard bodies and/or open source projects
* Define Arm standardization for infrastructure systems
* Interact with other teams in Arm, and Arm partners with customers, to get standardization software and firmware productized. Should be able to engage at a technical level with internal groups, or external groups such as customers, or industry forums.
* Identify how future (3-5 yr) technologies will intersect with the Arm ecosystem, and develop technical strategies to enable those technologies.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in Computer Science, or a related discipline.
As a senior member of a small and agile team you will work alongside system architects and technology experts from across geographical locations in Arm and from Arm partners to understand and shape next-generation systems, including the definition of future Arm products. In particular, you will develop specifications, proof-of concepts and reference implementations of the Arm-based and industry standards. Working in a tight loop in an evolving research-oriented environment is a challenge which will stretch and extend your knowledge and abilities. You will have a substantial impact in shaping future Arm CPU and system architecture.
Essential skills and experience:
Excellent understanding of, and experience in:
* Experience and knowledge of infrastructure/networking/edge/datacentre and TCO
* Experience of participating in standard bodies
* Operating systems and kernel side development.
* Good grounding in computer architecture.
A successful candidate must:
* 10+ years of hands-on experience in server-related architecture
* Demonstrate strong communication skills at technical, and senior management levels.
* Be able to author complex technical specifications.
* Be pro-active and self motivated.
* Be flexible and capable of accepting new challenges.
* Strong programming skills
Desirable skills and experience:
* Deep knowledge and experience in the following areas persistent memory support and system/device management
* Contributions to open source projects
* Independent research experience
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
Information is important, share it
Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for Progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
Be quirky not egocentric
Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
Make trust our default position
Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings is a company that designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.