How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a Systems Administrator/ Help Desk Technologist to join our team to provide operational support for Windows and Linux servers, systems and desktops to solve a wide array of customer needs and requests.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter who will eagerly solve moderate to complex problems with minimal supervision. The candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Under guidance of technical team leads, you will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and sponsor's cybersecurity requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems to include but not limited to:
* Windows desktops
* Windows 2008/2012 servers
* Server and Desktop System Preventive Maintenance
* Active Directory account maintenance
* Manage the IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
* Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc
* Provide Tier 2 and 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Assist as needed with Tier 1 (Help Desk) and provide mentoring and leadership for Tier 1 staff
* Configure and manage server and desktop Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
* Provide installation, configuration and ongoing support of network devices
* Participate on teams in the analysis and design of new large-scale Windows operating systems and/or modifications to existing systems
* Evaluate new system and application requirements regarding impact to the Windows operating system environment.
The position requires an active U.S. TS/SCI with counter-intelligence polygraph security clearance
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of related experience
* DoD 8570 certification required
* Knowledge and experience supporting Windows VM's, Workstations and Servers and working in heterogeneous computing environments. (i.e. Linux, Windows)
* Experience in assisting with configuration and support of network devices
* Demonstrated experience installing and configuring Windows and Linux servers and workstations for operational environments. (Windows Server 2008+, Linux RHEL7+) · Have experience with IT security and related technologies to ensure compliance with regulations and government sponsor requirement. · Familiarity with all areas of analysis, design, installation, implementation, configuration, tuning, administration, operation, and security of mid-tier Windows systems. · Experience providing systems administration support to scientists and/or engineers
* Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities effectively
* Demonstrated knowledge working in environments employing configuration management and/or configuration control measures
* Ability to provide documentation and detailed instructions regarding systems administration activities
* Must be able and willing to respond to after-hours requests as needed in a 24 x 7 environment
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Work Location: The work will be performed in Pasadena CA
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.