Principal Statistical Programmer
Job Req: CLD19-007
At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
The core responsibilities of Senior Statistical Programmer include implementing statistical analyses using SAS and performing quality review of SAS programs and deliverables for in-house analyses and out-sourced clinical trials, commercial requests and biostatistical ad-hoc analyses.
* Writes SAS programs to implement statistical analyses (i.e., generating tables, listings, figures, and inferential statistical output) supporting regulatory requests, ISS/ISE analyses, commercial requests, biostatistical ad-hoc analysis
* Review and validate CRO deliverables.
* Oversee programming related activities perform by CRO
* Performs SAS programming using more complex techniques as SAS macro language, advanced data manipulation techniques, and statistical procedures (e.g., PROC GLM, PROC FREQ, PROC REPORT)
* Troubleshoots and provides quality review of complex SAS programs
* Codes SAS utility macros; writes and implements test plans to support SAS macro development
* Helps solve critical issues requiring SAS expertise
* Performs quality review on SAS programs generated by other statistical programmers and biostatisticians
* Follows good programming practices and adequately documents programs.
* Acts as an integral member of project team. Attend project team meetings; work with vendors, biostatisticians, data managers, and clinical research managers, as appropriate
* Keeps informed of SAS programming techniques as applied to clinical trials by reading relevant journals and/or attending courses/programming meetings
* Understands and follows FDA regulations which affect the reporting of clinical trial data. This includes good clinical practice and guidelines for electronic submissions
* Participates on Submission Working Groups help providing technical support
* Leads the development of data collection, analysis and reporting standards content and processes
* B.A. / B.S. with at least 5 years relevant experience or an M.S. with 3+ years' experience
* Good knowledge of SAS, including SAS macro language, data manipulation techniques, and statistical procedures (e.g., PROC FREQ, PROC REPORT, PROC GLM)
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical standard initiatives such as CDISC, ADAM, SDTM, and CDASH
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to learn technical and clinical aspects of a clinical trial.
* Good analytical skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work
* Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical colleague
* Capable of using Windows, Word, Excel
* Knowledge of medical and statistical terminology
* Familiarity with coding dictionaries
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines' mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.