At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Process Engineer for its Rolling Meadows campus. This position involves analyzing, developing, and optimizing engineering procedures and work instructions to meet performance goals in accordance with CMMI and ISO requirements.
This position includes documenting existing processes; recommending and implementing improvements; developing metrics; assessing the impact of proposed process improvement; developing work aids and tools to support process implementation; facilitating process improvement activities; aiding in preparation of products for CMMI appraisal; and conducting formal process training.
This position will support projects and programs as they work to attain and operate at CMMI Institute CMMI Level 3 to include assisting managers and developers to establish their program development plans; helping them execute these plans; educating staff in efficient methods of management; and mentoring staff as needed. The position also supports projects and programs as they provide evidence for both internal and external audits against the ISO standards. The incumbent will interact with project and business managers to compile metric data and analyze that data to suggest improvement activities. Candidate should have experience deploying and institutionalizing the CMMI in an organization. Effective communication skills and ability to work within a team environment are required. Minimal out of state travel is expected.
This requisition could be filled at either at a Principal or Senior Principal level.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
* Principal level: The position requires a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree, or a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree.
* Sr. Principal level: The position requires a minimum of 9 years relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree, or a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree.
* Must have experience with CMMI/ISO processes within an organization.
* Must be a US citizen.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Experience as a CMM or CMMI assessor/experience with ISO standards
* Secret/Top Secret clearance
* Experience supporting processes for FPGA and ASIC
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.