At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Sector, Communications Division, Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) Operating Unit is seeking a Systems Engineer to support various RNS programs to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Roles and responsibilities include:
* Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
* Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
* Perform Systems Requirements analysis
* Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS)
* Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
* System modeling and simulation
* Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
* Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
This requisition may be filled as a Principal or Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Basic Qualification for Principal Systems Engineer:
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field and 5 years of related experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
Basic Qualification for Sr. Principal Systems Engineer:
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field and 9 years of related experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
Basic Qualification for Sr. Principal Systems Engineer:
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
* Understanding of deriving hardware and software requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations.
* Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Knowledge and experience with tactical data link (TDL) MIL standards and requirements
* DOORS experience
* Systems Engineering 'V' model knowledge
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
* Education Assistance
* Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.