The Solution Architect HR Technology is a member of the Pharma Informatics Team and serves as a trusted IT strategist for Genentech Human Resources. They will be responsible for driving the development of an IT strategic roadmap for Genentech Human Resources and will work with strategic governance group(s), the senior management team, management teams, and staff across the organisation to identify technology which enables Genentech HR to achieve its vision and strategy.
In addition, the Solution Architect for HT Technology will represents Genentech HR to assert its priorities within Group Informatics and will ensure the proper alignment of the objectives of Genentech HR with IT. They will provide Genentech HR a window to key innovative technology trends and evolution of HR technology solutions, which has the potential to accelerate the fulfillment of Genentech HR strategic vision. Also, they will provide continuing communication to ensure Genentech HR has an overview of the progress of current IT innovation(s). They will partner with peer organizations within Group Informatics supporting the HR landscape globally to ensure use of global solutions where possible as well as sharing information about our Genentech solutions and innovations. The HR Solution Architect will provide guidance and linkage to Group Function HR Informatics to ensure internal alignment on architecture patterns and platforms as well as reuse of solutions and components.
* Develops IT Strategy & Roadmap inclusive of critical investment plan aligned with the strategic needs of Genentech HR in close partnership with key stakeholders from Genentech HR and corresponding Group Informatics teams.
* Provides strategic consultation to assigned business customers in defining or designing HR solutions to enhance the employee experience and augment Genentech as a great place to work, as well as using customer requirements in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies.
* Assesses current state of solutions, defines future state needs, identifies gaps and recommends new technology solutions and strategic business execution improvements
* Interface with Architects, Technical Leads and Developers to drive technical solutions, estimate work efforts, define milestones and provide hands on technical leadership.
* Highlights short-term trade-offs vs long-term commitments and where those are worth implementing or not. Ensures that the solutions are scalable (technology), efficient (process), effective (cost), and supportable
* Conduct solution architecture research, market assessment and facilitating solution application selections and experiments / pilots
* Formulate business and logical solution architectures comprised of local and global functional capabilities and drive implementation of agreed technology solutions
* Ensures the HR solution architecture remain current with the business needs and directs the development of architecture activities and projects, while aligning with local and global technology & solution roadmaps
* Partners with other architects and solution owners to influence standards and strategies for the enterprise in the HR space.
* Work with business and IT teams to understand the needs for complex data/BI models (that leverage statistics, time series, machine learning, textual analysis, prediction, etc.), define prototypes, collect/curate large data sets, Implement/evaluate/tune data models and drive valuable insights through iteration.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
* 12+ years of relevant work experience including leadership and architecture level experience. The person must have demonstrated an ability to think strategically and translate plans into actions and drives them to completion
* Hands-on experience in designing and deploying HR IT solutions for large enterprises
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, segmentation techniques and data visualization
* Expertise in multiple technologies domains
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
* Remains "evergreen" and keeps up-to-date with technology trends and emerging technologies
* Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
* Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work across organizations and building partnerships
* Demonstrated effective oral, written, public, and interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to frame complex issues and persuade a wide and diverse audience, effective at stakeholder management and influence
* Sound and mature business judgment capable of contributing on a broad range of topics, not just technology issues
* Ability to gain immediate respect and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders
* Teamplayer and creative problem solver who can uncover innovative ways to drive business value
* Influencer and negotiator who can align key stakeholders to a shared vision and roadmap
* Accountable, results oriented & comfortable with a demanding set of internal and external customers.
* Remains unbiased toward any specific vendor or technology choice; is more interested in solving the business problem than the technology itself
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.