Careers that Change Lives
You will be a key member of Medtronic's Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) Business Unit new product development team working to commercialize a Surgical Robotics Platform.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
As a Software Verification Engineer you will use your broad understanding of software verification techniques for medical or other regulated systems. You will utilize your proficiency in C++, operating systems, and electro-mechanical devices.
* Determine and execute on creating tests approaches which mock interfaces, inject failures and verify requirements at a variety of software integration levels.
* Be an integral part of a team launching a first-generation surgical robotics platform.
* You will work closely with other senior technical team members, particularly in software, to ensure that system software requirements/designs meet overall system requirements.
* Mentor junior Engineers on key verification techniques and processes.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience, or Master's Degree plus 5 years related experience.
Nice to Have
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, preferably software related: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of software verification experience or Master's Degree plus 5 years related experience.
* Experience with Medical Product verification and FDA guidance.
* Thorough understanding of creating test protocols for verifying software requirements.
* Ability to create test automation infrastructure, and plan for automated regression testing.
* Experience testing complex electro-mechanical devices controlled by software.
* Experience with embedded RTOS and knowledge of C and C++.
* Ability to work with QA to ensure testing meets Quality and Regulatory needs.
* Ability to manage, track and upgrade multiple hardware and software configurations.
* Ability to work with Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineers when discovering, documenting, and resolving integration issues.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position. The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees